Philip Hodge Antiques offers courses to people who want to learn how to do:
Tool Sharpening & Tuning
Wood Finishing including French Polishing
We also specialise in antique furniture restoration for private customers and the antiques trade
Skills that may be learned include woodworking, furniture making, restoration of picture frames, furniture repair, conservation of period furniture, French polishing, waxing, gold leafing, restoration of mirrors, glass gilding, wood finishing, cabinet repairs, woodworking, furniture restoration, furniture mending and restoring furniture.
- All courses will be personally taught by Philip Hodge, a full member of BAFRA ( British Antique Furniture Restorers Association). Courses are held in a workshop set in the beautiful English countryside of Suffolk.
Philip Hodge is a fully trained furniture restorer, cabinet maker and gilder
Philip trained in all these disciplines in 1992, and also passed with distinction City & guilds Part 2 in Furniture Craft Subjects and Advanced Furniture Studies.
- Since then, Philip has been in business as a furniture restorer, gilder and furniture maker. He is an experienced teacher, having taught a variety of furniture related courses since 1995. In addition to private courses Philip has also worked extensively for the Norfolk Local Education Authority and the Workers Education Authority & The Weald & Downland Museum.
- In 2012 Philip was accepted as a full member of BAFRA. The British Antique Furniture Restorer`s Association is the foremost national organisation of craftsmen engaged in furniture conservation and restoration (bafra.org.uk )
- All courses will be held at White House, Harleston Rd, Weybread, Suffolk, IP21 5TU
- All first day ofcourses start at 10am and run till 5pm. All subsequent days run from 9am to 5pm.
Although tea, coffee and biscuits are supplied, you will need to bring your own packed lunch. In nice weather you will be able to sit in the attractive garden or alternatively use the house dining room.
If you have a disability then it can probably be accommodated. Please email or phone to discuss.
At cooler times of the year the premises are heated.
There is ample parking close to the workshop
If you are travelling from away, and require accommodation please click on the Accommodation link for details. If you have any other special requirements or queries please don`t hesitate to contact me.